[ExI] re end of world

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:02:37 UTC 2015

There too many things to copy and paste, so I'll just start at the top:

If you took a sample of people today whose average IQ was 150 and then
followed their children, there would be regression to the mean.  However,
if you eliminate people below 150 then the average is no longer 100 and
will not be regressed to.

There is ample evidence in the emails above to show that IQ is still
strong.  Whatever it measures, it correlates with more other things than
any other variable.  It even correlates somewhat with creativity, but that
is suspect because we cannot agree on a measure of creativity.  Mozart's IQ
is estimated at 190, but Beethoven's at 120 max.  And Beethoven was likely
the better innovator.  IQ even correlates with moral levels, like
Kohlberg's.

So until the neuropsychologists figure out some way to test brains more
directly, IQ will last and last.

Off on a tangent and a question for every one but teachers especially:

I noticed over the 35 years of teaching  that as a term progressed the
people that I came to know who performed at the top on my tests morphed -
the girls especially.  They became more attractive to me.  But there was
one guy who I would have voted as the ugliest person I've seen who got top
grades and somehow lost his ugliness.

Anyone else experienced this?

bill w