[ExI] robo-football again, was: RE: former deceased nfl players...

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:12:09 UTC 2015

On Sep 22, 2015 1:06 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Yesterday it occurred to me that it would be easier to play offense than
> defense, unless we modify the rules a bit.  The tackler wouldn't need to
> hurl arm-dog to the turf but rather only catch him and pull him to a stop,
> for instance.  If we find the offense still has too much advantage, we
could
> come up with another variant where the defender only needs to touch the
dog
> with the ball to end the play.
>
> That game would be a hoot!

I would open control of the boys to crowdsource so the fans could literally
be a group mind for the team,  the QB, the ball carrier,  whatever.

Variations could be our human teams against each other,  Us vs Ai, Us & our
Ai vs Them & their Ai, and our Ai vs their Ai.

Do we devote all our attention to playing or best game or reserve some
players for griefing the systems of their bots? Do we further devote human
operators to countermeasures for their griefers?  Whatever tools for
real-time massively multiplayer zero-sum games we develop in our games are
immediately useful "irl" (and vice versa)

Now for the real important consideration: from where does the money come
and to where does it go?