[ExI] Whistling past the graveyard

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:33:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:53 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I can think of one definition of AI which would never move.  If we do
> accomplish true AGI, it will self-improve recursively.  This is the
> singularity.  When or if that happens, the debate is over.

### AlphaGO performed domain-specific recursive self-improvement. It played
against itself, using results from each game to make the next game more
advanced. At first it must have played like a small child that only knows
the rules and some moves, then by reapplying the same cycle of move
generation, game, result evaluation and modification of move generation
rules it very quickly went superhuman.

Rafał