[ExI] Breakthrough Starshot - To The Stars!

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:55:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Stephen Van Sickle <sjv2006 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> They have a good page on the challenges involved.
>
> http://breakthroughinitiatives.org/Challenges/3
>
> Read it.  It answers some of my objections but not all.  Most notably, how
do they keep the project running for the 20 years they estimate (plus time
for the signal to get back), such that someone will be listening (and know
how to listen) when the signal from the fly-by returns?  (And then there's
still, "it's a fly-by; this isn't sustainable, it'll be more thrown away
effort for no development gain.")