[ExI] Trump asks "​Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?​"​

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:51:48 UTC 2016

I know that many on this list are tired of posts about Donald Trump but I'm
going to write one anyway because something came up today that confirms my
belief that this erratic unstable individual is the greatest immediate
existential threat to the world today. Joe
​ ​
Scarborough
​ ​
interviewed former 4 star general and head of both the NSA and the CIA
​ ​
Michael Hayden, in the course of it
​ ​
Scarborough
​ ​
said:

"
​ ​
*Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level
went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of
nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't
we use them​. ​Three times in an hour briefing, ‘Why can’t we use nuclear​
​weapons*
*​*' "​
?

Hayden
​ ​
was then asked how long it would be between a presidential decision to
attack and the nuclear missiles actually getting into the air. Hayden said
it depended on circumstances and he wouldn't get into classified stuff, but
he did say:

"The system is designed for speed and decisiveness, it is not designed to
debate the decision".

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/trump-asked-advisor-why-cant-we-use-nuclear-weapons.html

 John K Clark  ​

​