[ExI] Trump asks "​Why Can’t We Use Nuclear Weapons?​"​

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:04:52 UTC 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 16:51, John Clark  wrote:
> Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went
> to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of
> nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't
> we use them
> .
> Three times in an hour briefing, ‘Why can’t we use nuclear weapons"

No need to panic about today's rumour about something Trump might or
might not have said in an off-the-record chat with an unnamed
'advisor'.

The Trump campaign has denied it of course.  Every day a rumour, every
day a denial or rephrasing.

It is worth remembering that no Western political leader has ever said
that they would never use nuclear weapons. Because if they did, and
set about dismantling them, there would be no deterrent to stop enemy
countries using them.

BillK