[ExI] Signal

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 14 04:00:46 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Will Steinberg
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 7:48 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Signal

Just an aside I think, Spike, that however deterrence works means that making it take longer to retaliate with a nuke invites others to...theoretically nuke us or something?  Or just to take more overt actions against us knowing that it would take longer in the event of total escalation.

Of course all the "us" talk on this planet is kinda stupid.

Ja, no.  We need to change some things.  We need to make it much more difficult to launch nukes, need more review, more people involved.  We are likely to elect someone untrustworthy.  Both of our major party representatives are untrustworthy people.  One is crazy, the other dishonest.