[ExI] Trump's lies

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:07:44 UTC 2016

On Aug 24, 2016 12:43 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> ​I'm sorry if you find reality distressing, ​

You, not us, are the one denying reality at this point.

Not about the undesirability of a Trump presidency (on which we agree), but
about all the other factors affecting our votes that we have repeatedly
pointed out to you.  But one more time:

It is, in fact, rationally possible to not want Trump in office and at the
same time vote for Johnson.  This is especially the case in non-swing
states, where the electors are practically already pledged to Clinton (or
ones where they are practically already pledged to Trump), so one's vote
can not affect that but can, if cast for Johnson, at least signal
disaffection with both major parties.  In these states, voting for Johnson
does not affect the outcome, and thus neither increases nor decreases the
likelihood of a Trump presidency (nor of a Clinton presidency).

Do you understand this?