[ExI] tabby's star again

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Aug 24 20:56:06 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Keith Henson

>...With regard to Tabby's star, there is a thermal power satellite design
that directionally radiates waste heat solar north and south.  The sunshade
that keeps local light off the radiator tubes prevents IR radiation in the
plane of the ecliptic.  So there is at least on class of alien megastructure
which would not show excess IR from blocked light.

Keith

JA!  Now what I really want is for some real Bessel function hipster to work
with me.  I took an approach I haven't seen before with regard to applying
that mathematical magic trick in this setting.  Math geeks, especially ones
with access to hip grad students please?