[ExI] evil laughs

Anders anders at aleph.se
Thu Aug 25 21:39:08 UTC 2016

Now, my view is that what makes for a great evil laugh is that it
expresses the joyful feeling of power. It should be pure Will to Power
made manifest. Yes, a sneaky laugh followed by steepled fingers and
"excellent..." is enjoyable, but it is inhibited, not reveling in
bending the world to one's will. Great evil laughter is a whole body
experience, where every cell is shouting with triumph.

This is of course why it is regarded as evil by life-denying
philosophies that find pride and hubris evil.

There is also cruel laughter, stimulated by the misfortune or suffering
of somebody else. But that makes the laugher's mirth depend on somebody
else, who could cut it short just by stopping suffering (being a mental
state it may well be in their power to do so). The proper evil laugh is
independent of external circumstances: yes, maybe those meddling kids
sabotaged the plan and the secret hideout is collapsing around you, but
you can still laugh about the glorious destruction around you!

Muhahahhahaha!!! Next time! NEXT TIME!

On 2016-08-25 17:21, spike wrote:

> [...]

Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute