[ExI] Bell's Inequality

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:57:37 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Science is all about observability, measurement, and what actually
> ​ ​
> exists.

​But even more basic than that science is about explanations. ​

​Suppose a theory ​successfully predicts  and explains a lot of formally
mysterious things that ARE measurable but also predicts some things that
can never be measured. Some might say we should reject the entire theory
because those unmeasurable predictions haven't been proven correct, but
then they haven't been proven to be incorrect either. Many Worlds does
explain a lot of puzzling measurements with a minimum of tacked on
assumptions, until a better quantum interpretation comes along I think it
would be foolish to throw out the entire idea because it makes some
predictions that can't be tested. There is reason to think those other
worlds might actually exist, although I admit those reasons fall short of a
proof, they occupy middle ground between reality and fantasy. As Rod
Serling said:

​"​
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the
middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition,
and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.
This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the
Twilight Zone.
​"​

​ John K Clark​