[ExI] Tabby's star

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 00:16:57 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> The Beckenstein Limit is the
>> maximum amount of information you can pack into a given mass-energy
>> embedded in a given volume of space. It is given by the following formula:

I <= K*M*R

"I" is the information in bits, M is the mass in kg, R is the radius in
> meters, and K is a constant

​
Yes but if we're talking about the maximum about of information that can
fit inside a sphere then we already know what M must be in the above
formula, it's the amount of matter needed to form a Black Hole of radius
 R, and the formula for that is
​
M= c^2/2G *R
​
,
​
where G is the gravitation constant and c is the speed of light that is
also a constant
​. S
tick
​ing​
the two formulas together and you get
I = (a constant) * R^2.

​So t
he maximum information inside a sphere is proportional to the sphere's
surface area not its volume.
​ So the information isn't really in the sphere it's on the sphere.​
It almost make me think that one of our 3 dimensions
​is​
 phony.

 John K Clark   ​