[ExI] Tabby's star

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:09:28 UTC 2016

On Dec 11, 2016 7:18 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

​So t
he maximum information inside a sphere is proportional to the sphere's
surface area not its volume.
​ So the information isn't really in the sphere it's on the sphere.​
It almost make me think that one of our 3 dimensions
​is​
 phony.

Are there opportunities for similar kinds of "this dimension does not
matter" thinking?

I wonder if our current understanding of fundamental laws have already
canceled terms simply because our local spacetime is situated at a special
region of a broader equation.  Maybe we can't imagine the extra terms
because we haven't yet met any phenomenon that aren't explainable by the
equations we have... or is that what gravity waves and tabby stars are
making us think about?