[ExI] four seasons tree

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 20:10:03 UTC 2016

If I had the right observation equipment, I could determine if
robins harass and bother cats when no one is watching.  Any theories?  spike

I have four cats, so I don't feed birds and try to keep them away.
 (Oddity; I went to two nature talks and won the only two things I've ever
won in my life - two birdhouses!)  I tear down the starts of nests birds
build in my bushes.  One thing I do know:  birds go crazy when cats get
near a nest, and some birds can mate in any season, not just spring, so if
I hear a bird fussing I go out to see if a nestling has gotten loose or
just what.  I have saved a few, in one case literally pulling it out of the
cat's mouth.

I visited a guy in North Alabama who had a license to trap hummingbirds -
he tags them if untagged and records data if they are tagged.  I think
there is a big network keeping track of hummers..  He had about 200 around
his house the time I went.  Awesome.  Highly aggressive things.  Birds are
great to look at, but they are vicious creatures.  Like cats.

bill w