[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:25:59 UTC 2016

> On 23 Dec. 2016, at 1:39 pm, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to explain that it wouldn't be identical behavior, until the entire substitution.

I think the issue is, as James Charles has also pointed out, that you contradict yourself by allowing that the artificial neurone will interact with the the other neurones normally (which is of course crucial to the experiment) but then saying that the other neurones will behave differently. How could the other neurones possibly behave differently, if they are receiving the same inputs they would normally receive?