[ExI] need a new word/suffix

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:26:51 UTC 2016

On Jan 11, 2016, at 3:01 PM, Tara Maya <tara at taramayastales.com> wrote:

> “Gotta” and “Gonna”, however, are well on their way to being legitimate grammatical forms. I just finished The Evolution of Language which describes old forms die and new ones are formed. Fascinating!
>
> Tara

Don't you think they If you listen to speech, "gotta" and "gonna" seem to have been standard in most English dialects for a long time now? It's more that the written standard is more open now. Not to say the written standard was formerly static. And what's written rarely is consistent with what's spoken -- both in spelling (matching pronunciation) and syntax.

Don't believe I've read that book.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: