[ExI] Longevity Day and Longevity Month - October 2016

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:06:18 UTC 2016

On 9 July 2016 at 09:58, Anders Sandberg wrote:
> I think this is a fundamental problem with self-experimentation in many
> domains - mainly anti-ageing, but also cognitive enhancement. How do you
> tell if it is working?
<snip>
> Now, this is not intended as science, but rather for life improvement. But
> it seems to me that one needs to check that it actually does improve things
> in a measurable way for the cost/benefit ratio to be guessable. This is
> extra tricky for long-term effects, where you cannot even test with a
> placebo in reasonable time. Maybe the solution would be to try to do more
> online pooling?

It is even worse if someone is spending a lot of money and time on new
supplements. Once you are heavily invested in a system, emotional
humans find it almost impossible to accept that it is a waste of time
and money.
e.g. xxxology.

Objective tests are required and for life extension in humans the only
real test is living longer. And even that may be an individual
exceptional case.

BillK