[ExI] Longevity Day and Longevity Month - October 2016

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 19:10:30 UTC 2016

​In my case, you have decades of my postings and I can date when I
started taking nicotinamide ribosid by my first order.  I wonder if
anyone out there has a way to measure cognitive performance from net
postings?

My variability from day to day isn't much, but within days it's huge.  I am
extremely slow to awaken and am not truly awake for a couple of hours​.  I
try to get started by doing crosswords with coffee.  Later in the day I
pick up the same puzzle and fill it in rapidly in those places where I got
stuck earlier.

Since you have decades of postings, I assume that the other people who have
known you that long could easily tell if you started to get senile.  Of
course you know about using brain teasers and puzzles as data on decline.

Skinner, famous for his pigeons, used the 'subject as his own control'
method, which is just what you described with your angina example:  present
A and measure; withdraw A and measure; present A again and measure, and so
on.  Skinner would do this several times before he was convinced A made a
difference.  The only problem with this is that we typically take several
supplements, and it's just impossible to tell if any interact with others.
We assume that drugs act alone and that may be an invalid assumption.  I do
know that my Synthroid is supposed to be taken with no other drugs, and of
course you know about grapefruit juice and its ability to exacerbate the
effects of certain drugs.

bill w