[ExI] Cosmopolitanism, collective epistemology and other issues

Giulio Prisco giulioprisco at protonmail.ch
Sun Jul 10 07:06:46 UTC 2016

<Anders: Looking at the attitudes of the people who voted for Brexit ( http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/ ) you see that they dislike multiculturalism, social liberalism, feminism, environmentalism, globalization, the internet and of course immigration.>

I suggest that perhaps the "elite intellectuals" who like all these things are much too smug, and that backfires. Referring to those who support Brexit (and Donald Trump), they use terms like "rednecks" or "white trash" routinely, without even considering that maybe they could have legitimate concerns worth at least listening to and trying to understand. That pushes them to Brexit and Trump.

PS I started using my protonmail address for the list as I am thinking to switch from gmail to protonmail as primary mailbox. For a while I'll be using both addresses.