[ExI] Brexit for Yanks/was Re: Cosmopolitanism, collective epistemology and other issues

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 15:56:00 UTC 2016

On Jul 10, 2016, at 1:27 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9 July 2016 at 22:15, Anders  wrote:
>> There are three reasons Brexit disturbs me: (1) it represents a rejection of
>> cosmopolitanism, (2) it represents a serious failure of collective
>> cognition, (3) it likely has somewhat bad effects for me.
>

> Ooooh!  Now we can bore US list members with a month-long argument
> about Brexit!  :)

Actually, right after the Brexit vote, I was hiking in a group with someone from London. It was actually the Americans in the group who kept pestering him the whole time about Brexit to the point where I just avoided the subject. So, no, I don't think you'll bore the US list members. Of course, ten years from now if we're having a Brexit discussion three times a year, then, yes, it might get boring. ;)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my latest Kindle book, "The Late Mr. Gurlitt," at:
http://mybook.to/Gurlitt