[ExI] pokemon go further

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jul 15 22:37:48 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of justin corwin
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 9:10 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] pokemon go further

>…Lockheed Martin is experimenting with technology from NGRAIN for this purpose in the F-35 assembly line(which may not be the best example, given the cost overruns associated with that program)… --

Justin Corwin

Justin, the F-35 program was a poster child for mission creep.  If the requirements change, then cost overruns are the result.  Any fighter plane developed during peacetime will naturally see massive cost overruns from mission creep and changing specifications.  The development phase on this program lasted over 20 years, depending on how you measure it.  Consider the changes we have seen in the past 20 years.  Try to imagine creating a state-of-the-art fighter plane when the design phase spans that much time.