[ExI] I Miss The King of Extropia

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:34:50 UTC 2016

bill k  The Exi-chat list description says 'We welcome innovative
discussions
pertaining to scientific, technological, philosophical, artistic,
economic, and social perspectives on the future'.
​

Though I have contributed to the political discussion, it is not why I
joined this list.  What I thought I could contribute is certainly not in
the technical area of nanotechnology, mind uploading, or any other sort of
thing that can improve humans through technology.

I have put up posts that tried to get discussions started on  improving
people directly, through such things as eugenics.  Just what features of
current humans are worth saving and what needs to be lost or changed?
These are not highly complicated psychological things that a layman cannot
begin to understand.  I do think that forms of government belong here.
Just what governments will be most useful to future humans if we can manage
to improve ourselves greatly?

I can certainly get more discussion by joining more psych oriented groups,
but so far I like the lively discussions this group can get into, and most
of the people in it.  But lately it seems my posts just do not interest
anyone, and that's fine, as I am not interested in many other posts myself.

So I take it from those who have been here a long time that the interests
have narrowed and gone off target a bit.  And maybe 'been there, done that'
has made some topics boring.

I will hang around, though​.

bill w