[ExI] net wisdom

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:17:27 UTC 2016

Adrian - There is always more to discover, enjoy, and create.  Stop doing
that - or, worse, refuse to do that - for long enough and you start to
die.  That's no metaphor: stop being mentally active and the body begins
shutting down.  It happens faster the older you get, and there are other
factors (stopping this shutdown does not grant immortality by itself), but
staying active is the simplest life extension possible right now.
Thanks!  I am a very firm believer in use it or lose it.  Especially sex -
more for men than for women.  Trying to contribute something of value or
interest to this group is one mental thing I do.  I can't just do nothing.
Never been good at that.  So I read and buy CDs and so forth.  Read various
philosophies in short form.  I do sit too much.

Finding something new and different is and should be rare, so I"ll keep
looking.  One trouble is that I am extremely picky.  Bryant Gumbel once
replied to a question about if given a hundred people how many he'd likely
be interested in talking to, and he said none.  I am not that picky, but it
really takes highly intelligent people, like this group, to interest me.
Not trying to appear to be more than I am, but I am excruciatingly honest
with others and I hope with myself.

One thing the internet has gifted me with is the software that suggests
other books or music based on what I already bought or looked at.
Wonderful - like belonging to several groups of one's own kind.  The beta
testers, as you said.  Amazon's one and two star reviews are usually
revealing.

Don't worry about my brain.  My body could use more work, and that helps
the brain too.

I'll be thankful for all the advice and recommendations I get.  No pop
music.  If I thought anyone would be interested I'd recommend things all
the time.  Since I receive no feedback I've nearly stopped that.

bill w

.