[ExI] first robot kill?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jul 23 05:13:56 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Anders Sandberg
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 2:31 PM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Subject: Re: [ExI] first robot kill?

On 2016-07-22 19:07, Adrian Tymes wrote:

On Jul 22, 2016 8:47 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> >
wrote:
> Partial alleviation of the problem: require the constables to release the
video and audio of the encounter between the drone and the perp, perhaps
realtime.

>.My concern was automation making abuse of power automatable. Again,
automated use of power that can be (publicly) monitored and held accountable
is likely OK overall, but there is a real risk of either making it
untraceable/secret, or scaling it up so that when the use becomes abuse
there is no chance of responding democratically. These are situations we
ought to work to reduce the probability of.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg

Anders it is something I am thinking about with some urgency.  Our upcoming
election is asking us to choose between two power abusers, oy.  I fear the
whole notion of power abuse will filter down through the various levels of
government.

I can imagine a system where the onboard cameras receive a radio signal, so
that viewers in the public can verify the video is being created in realtime
with nothing deleted and nothing inserted.  We can have independent third
party cameras verifying position and time of bangs, that sort of thing.  It
could be that not many enforcement agencies have the money for this kind of
equipment.