[ExI] Extropy opposite of entropy?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 20:22:21 UTC 2016

Locally life is a battle against entropy. It does increases entropy for the
overall universe but it reduces entropy inside the organism.
The final battle though will be against entropy of the entire universe.
On cosmological time scales intelligence will have to find ways to overcome
entropy at the global level, by tunneling to other universes with less
entropy or by hacking the laws of the universe.
Extropy is the opposite of entropy, but it is not a well defined physical
concept like entropy.
It is more a philosophical idea about the tendency of intelligence life to
create order and organization.

https://lifeboat.com/ex/the.principles.of.extropy