[ExI] Wise Donald Trump

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 2 21:53:13 UTC 2016

Subject: Re: [ExI] Wise Donald Trump

…

>…Actually, I want to know just what kind of corrupt we are talking about.  Cronyism?  Nepotism?  Stealing from the Treasury?  Selling secrets to the Chinese?

Espionage BillW, which is treason.  The FBI is investigating (not reviewing, investigating (there is a difference (a big one))) compromising national security in order to protect her own.  Subsequent destruction of evidence and repeated systematic obstruction of justice.  Now, we don’t know what has been compromised, so we can’t assess the risks.  We don’t know which of the yoga routines the Russians and Chinese have or what is in them.  So we have no idea what chaos could result.  We don’t know what happens when a US Commander in Chief of a frightfully powerful military is at the mercy of a foreign power.

All Mrs. Clinton needed to do is obey the law, hand over the server with everything on it as soon as the subpoena was issued.  All Nixon needed to do was not erase those 18 minutes of tape.  In both cases, all they would have found is yoga and wedding plans, boring stuff, perhaps love notes to Bill Clinton (which would have embarrassed Nixon I suppose) but it would be entirely harmless.

Instead, Nixon chose to erase the tapes (so we still don’t know what was on there originally) and Clinton chose to delete 30,000 emails.  So we don’t know what risks we face.  In the latter case, we don’t know what was in there, but foreign powers probably do.

We hear a lawyeresque “there is no proof the unsecured server was ever hacked.”  But when you handle national security matters, the burden of proof is on the clearance holder.  That’s why you have Inspectors General: to help you be sure you can prove innocence if you are doing everything right.  If you cannot, you are presumed guilty.

The public doesn’t quite get it, and plenty of people here don’t get this either: Mrs. Clinton has the burden of proof that she was not hacked.  I have seen nothing convincing to prove this.  We must assume the bad guys have all of those yoga routines.  If we elect Clinton president, our military might is at the mercy of foreign powers and hackers.  Feel better about voting for her now?

>…We can stand all of that better than we can stand Trump the Clueless…

Ja if it was merely stealing and selling secrets to the Chinese (and we all knew what was stolen, how it was stolen, what secrets were sold) then I agree.  But we don’t know any of that.  The evidence is missing.  How did that happen I wonder?  To assert that the risk of nuclear war or other military strike is lower under Clinton and Trump sounds like wishful speculation to me.  I think it is way lower under a Johnson than either.  He seems so refreshingly honest and sane by comparison.

>…Re Neanderthal (of which I have a big dose) - Apologies for wrong choice of words.  I should have said cavepeople.  Tippytippy tip of the right wing…bill w

Do we know that humans ever lived in caves to any great extent?  There aren’t that many caves.  I can’t imagine there are enough of them to support a critical mass of humans, but I can imagine proto-humans creating some kind of shelter.