[ExI] Wise Donald Trump

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 2 23:11:53 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

>…better to call him a orange Orangutan; but you need to do so now before Trump changes the libel laws and makes it not a civil offence but a criminal offence just as it is in much of Europe… John K Clark

It makes us appreciate that presidents cannot change libel laws.  Congress and presidents working together cannot change that one, for the Constitution outranks them.  The right of free speech cannot even be amended, for it is in the Bill of Rights.  Rights are not permissions.

The irony in all this John is that your favorite candidate commented that she would find the guy who made her cover-story video and prosecute him.  On what charge?  She didn’t say they would find the guy who was doing a parole violation (she didn’t know that at the time.)  She wanted to prosecute him for making a video.  And yet… she is safer and saner than the other mainstreamer?

I see little difference in the threat of blue vs orange this time around.  Both look crazy dangerous to me.

Hear the footsteps.