[ExI] political disaster

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:09:24 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. I see no reason why a voter in
> Wyoming should have 66.7 times more power over deciding who gets to
> be a senator than a voter in California, or why the Wyoming guy should
> have 18.3 times more power in choosing the next president than the
> California guy.  It's nuts.

To me, it's nutty that anyone anywhere should have political power over
anyone else -- that this is acceptable at all. It's also nutty that some
folks seem to be arguing over just how such power over others should be
decided -- rather than the more fundamental problem of dismantling such
power.

Let me reduce this down again to one point. I believe actual libertarians
should hold two points (and not only two, but these two preclude all this
madness in the States over Trump vs. Hillary vs. Johnson) as basic:

1. No one has the right to rule over anyone else.
2. No one has the duty to obey anyone else.

These two positions preclude elected and non-elected states period. They
also preclude obeying the Constitution. Some guys in a room a couple of
centuries ago don't get to decide who has authority over anyone else -- no
matter how much people fetishize their [the Framers'] writings.

Anyhow, I mostly want to stay out of this discussion. I don't see it as
productive. I also think it will almost no influence over what happens in
November -- save that it'll likely make some folks here ever more
antagonistic toward each other.

Regards,

Dan
 My latest Kindle book: