[ExI] anarchy

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:08:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:20 PM,  Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> There seems to be some data that the average person
> anywhere can be trained to obey to kill someone.

Consider Rwanda or Cambodia.  Particularly Rwanda.  Who trained anyone
to kill people with machetes?  Think about a behavioral switch, lots
of examples, but I like the locust one.

"Overloading the environment is *not* a new human trait.  *Chimps* do it.  I
think any [social] animal whose numbers are not checked by predation is going to
have wars--you have to be your own part time predator when the environment
gets overloaded.  And the key to this is a behavioral switch.  We *know*
that genes can switch behavior on the basis of environmental signals.  For
example we know exactly what stimulation switches the solitary grasshopper
into the migratory locust developmental pathway."

http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30624

> Sure, there are outliers,

Kill them first.

Keith