[ExI] FW........Re: Fortean Times magazine - index for sale

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 10 16:30:57 UTC 2016

Re: [forteana] Fortean Times magazine - index for sale

This is for those with a collection of Fortean Times magazine issues.
Instead of getting a CD mailed to me I opted for a soft copy.  It
cost me £8.20 UK pounds or $12.16 at today's exchange rate.  Nick Vale's
PayPal account is his e-mail -- nickvale at bettertest.co.uk .

There are 435 entries for "UFO".  This only gives you issue numbers,
not the actual articles or snippets.  There are only three entries
for "radar".

I'm attaching the e-mail exchange I had with Nick Vale today.

Terry

QUOTE
Hi -

Thanks for buying this index! I've been subscribing to Fortean Times
since the late 1980's and about 18 months ago completed my collection
by tracking down older issues from E-bay.  I then realised that the
collection could be a useful  research tool if only I could find
articles I vaguely remembered having seen. So I decided to index it
(from issue 67 as I have Steve Moore's published index of the previous
issues) and this is the result. As the name suggests it covers mostly
the Features, Forums and Sidelines articles from February 1993 to
April 2016, as well as letters, some reviews and Strange Deaths.
I've also included back references to earlier issues.  I intend to
update the index every year or so  as I spot refinements, errors or
omissions, as well as including new issues as they appear and maybe
also working backwards from issue 66. As a buyer of one of the first
100 issues of the index it is possible you too will spot short-
comings - if so don't just ignore them! Email me the details of any
improvements you find with your email address and I will send you
an electronic copy of the next version for no charge, probably early
in 2017. You can contact me at nickvale at bettertest.co.uk.

Other good  Fortean resources include the official Fortean Times website:
http://forteantimes.com/

A marvellous Fortean Times front cover gallery and contents list:
http://ft.gjovaag.com/w/Main_Page

The public Facebook Fortean Times Appreciation group
The Yahoo Fortean discussion group:

Thanks again for your support, hope you find the index useful!
Nick Vale, June 2016