[ExI] an ai wrote this script

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:50:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:25 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I read a few years ago about a computer that could compose write popular
> music that was very listenable.  I did not follow it up because I am not
> interested in popular.  (Of course in classical, you can find some that
> seems to have been written by a random numbers table (1930s and
> afterwards).  Ugly ugly 'music'. )
>

> Is this an AI thing?  Anyone?

Sorry for the late response, but - yes.  The keyword you want is
"autocomposer".  I used one back in the late 1990s to generate the
background music for a game I wrote.  http://www.wingedcat.org/music/ if
you want to judge for yourself.  It did require me to bin-sort the good
ones from the less listenable ones, and do a bit of manual editing...but
again, this was 1990s.  I can not help but think there's better stuff out
there now, if you look.