[ExI] The Meaning of the Universe

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:02:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:13 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think words should mean something and if God means an omnipotent
> omniscient conscious being who created the universe then God does not
> exist. However many disagree and although they are perfectly willing to
> abandon the idea of God they are not willing
> ​to abandon ​
> the English word "G-O-D" and
> ​thus ​
> redefine
> ​the word​
>  in
> ​such a general​
>  way that only a fool would say there is no God.

Oh God, this debate again.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.  You're right: redefining the word "God" at the
start of a proof and then consistently using that redefinition, invalidates
that proof for the purposes of proving the existence of the kind of God
that most people are talking about when they say "God".)