[ExI] Alexander Chislenko article on English Wikipedia in danger of deletion

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sun Mar 6 16:40:09 UTC 2016

On 03/04/2016 08:00 PM, David Lubkin wrote:
> This cannot stand. Sooner or later­ preferably sooner ­Wikipedia will be
> reformed. Or it will be re-formed, in a successor project, as we've seen
> with many other open source efforts.

Attempting to recreate or reform Wikipedia might be a bit difficult.  If
the immediate concern is about what is being deleted then a less
ambitious approach is to start mirroring a read-only copy an any page
that gets put into the deletion process by Wikipedia.  The result would
only address the deletion problem but would be a start.  The downside of
doing all of the articles marked for deletion means that a lot of stuff
of little interest would be collected but perhaps there is a market for
it; I do not know.

Or more to the concerns of persons on this list a project could started
for mirroring all of the articles on Wikipedia related to transhumanism,
extropians, and other topics of interest to persons on this list. Put
the mirror up in the cloud such as AWS and the cost will be relatively
low.  [Disclosure: I currently work for Amazon so my mention of AWS is
slightly self-serving.]

Also note that there are currently other information sites.
A couple of examples:
http://transhumanism.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Chislenko
http://everything.explained.today/Alexander_Chislenko/

I am kicking around a few more ideas and if anything seems useful I will
post them.

Fred

--
F. C. Moulton