[ExI] bees again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Mar 20 01:12:48 UTC 2016

-------- Original message --------
From: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Date: 03/19/2016  5:29 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] bees again

.
​Nobody is stopping other countries, that I know of (did not Google it) from using DDT or anything else that we have banned.  I have often wondered why they haven't.  And surely there are alternatives to coating seeds other than chemicals that kill bees.  ​ ​Cut the profits a bit, perhaps, and save the bees...
I haven't followed it but there should be plenty of evidence by now to answer whether or not DDT really does harm birds.  A charge made in Carson's Silent Spring was that bugs evolve around DDT.  Do they?  spike

extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org