[ExI] bees again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 01:48:58 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​>
> > Nobody is stopping other countries, that I know of (did not Google it)
> from using DDT or anything else that we have banned.

​Environmentalist picket western companies that make DDT for countries
where it's still legal and treat them as war criminals, so they've largely
stopped making it. And third world countries figure if the west has banned
DDT for their own use it must be pretty evil stuff; vaccines too but that's
another story.

Environmentalists claim to occupy the moral high ground but because of a
superstitious fear of all genetic engineering they oppose Golden Rice
​ ​a
nd
​ ​
engage In criminal sabotage
​ ​
to stop it even though it
​ ​
could prevent
​ ​
350,000 children
​ ​
from
​ ​
going blind from
​ ​
vitamin A deficiency
​ ​
EACH YEAR. And and environmentalists blab on and on about the evils of
chemical pesticides
​ ​
and artificial fertilizer,
​ ​
but when science develops plants that need much less of them
​ ​
through genetic engineering they do everything they can to stop it.

​

> > You raise a moral question:  how many bird or other species is it
> acceptable to make extinct to save humans?

 ​Environmentalist have their answer, a dead bald eagle is worse than
880,000 dead humans, but then one dead child is a tragedy but 880,000 dead
children is just a statistic.

John K Clark   ​