[ExI] bees again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:59:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> I am an environmentalist, and you should not automatically believe that I
> am for every single thing the radical environmentalists do.
> I am for GMO, for example.  YES to golden rice!

​Good, but then you are not an average middle of the road environmentalist,
you are a radical environmentalist and I guess I am too. ​

> ​> ​
> Calling every environmentalist an ecofreak is not good thinking​.  It's
> stereotyping

Yes
​,
 but you almost make it sound like
​ ​
stereotyping
​ ​
is a bad thing. Who caused millions of people to die unnecessarily from
malaria?
​Average
middle of the road environmentalists
​ ,
 aka ecofreaks. Who caused millions of children to go blind?  ​Average
iddle of the road environmentalists
. Who killed nuclear energy even though it has a better safety record than
any other energy source and produced no greenhouse gasses? Average
iddle of the road environmentalists
.

​> ​
> Let's keep it rational

​If you want a rational conversation then
environmentalists
​ are not the ones to talk to.​
Calling every environmentalist a ecofreak
​would not be​
 strictly true, but it
​ wouldn't be a​
bad first approximation of the truth.  The environmental movement that
started off so well has been hijacked by nuts who think with their gut and
not their brain.

 John K Clark