[ExI] bees again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:54:15 UTC 2016

Ja!  Our current USA system of bifurcated right/left politics makes for
some odd bedfellows indeed.  I am surprised that conservatives and
conservation do not seem to go together all that much.  The natural-is-good
crowd if anything seem to lean left as a group.  That seems so paradoxical
to me.  Clearly this whole salad needs to be tossed and remixed.  This is
the year to do it.

-------------------

I do not know if I am a radical or not.  But I do seriously wonder why the
research that is so sorely needed before we put chemicals on crops or
anything else that goes into foods is not done.  Oh I know why - politics,
payoffs, money under the table, corruption at every level.

The same goes for the FDA - why do we see so many recalls of drugs, so many
lawyers advertising to file lawsuits against drug makers?  Not enough
research.

Go to the extreme - buy organic foods. Something an individual can do, as
opposed to doing our own  drug research. (actually I am doing my own drug
research by taking the the doctor orders and actin g as a guinea pig)

Google for foreign workers who tend crops dying of cancer.  Look at
regulations allowing foreign food to be imported here with chemicals on
them that are NOT allowed on our own farms.

I don't think environmentalists of any stripe need to be the only ones to
answer John's questions: the whole world has not stepped up and supported
whatever it takes to deal with these fatal diseases and the conditions that
cause them and the research needed to combat them.

The rift between rich and poor, individuals and nations, is getting worse,
as everybody knows, and that will cause much trouble in the years to come.

We volunteer, we do foreign aid, we support the Red Cross, etc. etc. and
still the numbers that John quotes are still happening.  A lot of what we
give overseas is skimmed at the highest levels - or just totally taken
over.  Or we give tractors with no parts and no mechanics to fix them or
money for gas.  As Spike says, this whole salad needs to be tossed too.

So - it's just not enough.  And I have no answers to how to get people to
sell their yachts and 20 million dollar houses, or even just to give a bit
each month for world hunger, etc.  The South donates a lot of money to
churches, which for the most part goes to building more churches.
Salvation Army a big exception - those people are serious about their
charity.

bill w