[ExI] paradox?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:34:43 UTC 2016

On 22 March 2016 at 17:51, Giovanni Santostasi  wrote:

> Here a wiki entry on the subject.
> One of the factors they mention is metabolism.
> It is obvious metabolism changes in summer vs winter.
> Our bodies are susceptible to circadian but also seasonal influences.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_comfort

Air-conditioning in large open-plan offices is difficult.
If you have ever worked in such buildings with people of mixed age and
sex you soon realise that some people are shivering while others are
complaining about the heat.
I'm sure I read that some buildings fitted dummy thermostats on office
walls that occupants could adjust. They made no difference to the
air-conditioning, but people felt better.

BillK