[ExI] quote of the day - on fame

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:23:59 UTC 2016

On 25 March 2016 at 16:34, spike  wrote:

> I aughta make my nickname Ruup.  Then all the frogs would sing my name to an
> admiring bog.
>
> Advertising: perhaps the most effective TV advertisement ever made was the
> Budweiser frogs.  Didn’t cost much to make, no celebrities or sports stars
> to pay, memorable, you knew exactly what they were selling.  I saw that
> brilliant 30 second ad ONE TIME, one damn time, over twenty years ago, and I
> remember it well.

Did you know...... that there are about 5000 species of frogs in the world?

And the 'ribbit ribbit' croak that everybody recognises as the frog
noise is only made by one species of frog? (Actually 3 similar species
from the same area).

Reason - People have heard 'ribbit ribbit' in almost every night time
scene in old Hollywood films. And it is the croak made by the 3
species of frogs in California near the film studios where the early
films were made.

BillK