[ExI] quote of the day - on fame

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 25 17:37:15 UTC 2016

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] quote of the day - on fame

On 25 March 2016 at 16:34, spike  wrote:

>>... I aughta make my nickname Ruup.  Then all the frogs would sing my name
> to an admiring bog.

Did you know...... that there are about 5000 species of frogs in the world?

And the 'ribbit ribbit' croak that everybody recognises as the frog noise is only made by one species of frog? (Actually 3 similar species from the same area)...it is the croak made by the 3 species of frogs in California near the film studios where the early films were made...BillK

Does art imitate life or does life imitate art?  BillK gives a good example of fiction defining reality.

This meandering thread is a perfect illustration of why I hang out here after all these years:  ExI Chat is a busy and fruitful idea factory.  BillW tosses out a fragment of an obscure poem, we take it away, talking about advertisement, frogs, poetry, pretty much anything.  Emily Dickenson would have fallen out of her chair laughing at where her work led us.

People here generally don't care who gets credit for the ideas; they just toss them into this imaginative information maelstrom and see what comes spinning out, spontaneous extropy.  Thanks everyone here.  You are delightful company.