[ExI] Loyalty schemes

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sun Mar 27 03:18:57 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-27 03:05, Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> This was included in my 2001 talk at Extro-5, "Privacy Today: The
> Battle for Your Online Identity." The topic was pretty controversial
> back then. Nobody believed that corporations would track consumers or
> that government would track citizens.

Yeah, you were pretty ahead of the curve. So, what are you looking at today?

One related area of interest is identity ecosystems. Being the
controller/adjudicator of online identities seems to be pretty
profitable/powerful. Twitter's real value might be in acting as a
sign-in system, not so much the other functions.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute