[ExI] Global catastrophic risk report

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon May 2 08:36:01 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-02 01:47, Dan TheBookMan wrote:
> On May 1, 2016, at 1:16 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com
> <mailto:atymes at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se
>> <mailto:anders at aleph.se>> wrote:
>>
>>     cat bonds
>>

>> Just to be sure: you mean financial bond instruments dealing with
>> catastrophes, and not feline companionship, right?
>
> I wish you asked that question before I put all that money in catnip
> futures. ;)

Well, demand from fat cat capitalists ought to be fairly stable.

(I wonder if one could make something like catnip for humans? I think we
do not have a signal substance like nepetalactone, but maybe we could
use gene therapy to make ourselves sensitive to catnip too? It seems fun!)

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute