[ExI] clip

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:38:31 UTC 2016

 I am losing hope that some enlightened leader can convince everyone that
we can all live in peace on this planet.

spike

This is not going to happen.  For one thing, that person'a religion would
be viewed by many as wrong, and certainly no atheist could get that job
done.

Give the state of the world, I think it is astounding that someone hasn't
used a nuclear bomb before now.  That gives me hope.  I don't know if
sanctions have worked in suppressing nuclear development, but hurting one's
basic economy in a significant way strikes a mean blow.  I could see the
day where preemptive bombing, not nuclear, could stop any one from
developing plutonium, or what it is that is takes to make a bomb.

I also could see a UN force being much larger and much more active in
suppressing wars, mass kidnapping and such.  Send a message that if you
take these steps we will be there and we will defeat you asap.  For
radicals, force is all they understand.

Lastly, just improving third world economies will keep radicals from having
strong support, and that is part of what is wrong with the income
differential we have now.  "Take down the fat cats" is a theme that plays
well with a big proportion of the population.

bill w