[ExI] spray-on armor

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue May 3 19:25:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 1:13 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Is this cool or what?
>

> http://video.foxnews.com/v/4874598460001/new-military-spray-on-product-makes-things-unbreakable/?#sp=show-clips
>

> {8^D
>

> Linex.com
>

> http://www.linex.com/

Yeah, it lines the bed of my truck. Incredibly tough. The downside of the
unbreakable melon and the bouncing egg is that you can't really get to the
food inside. :-)

> How about non-lethal crime deterrent: bad guy messing with your whatever
> is important to you, dual nozzle attached to a remote control swivel
> camera, aim, mix, SHOOM!  All over the sleazy bahstid.  Ewww, what’s this
> shit, gross!  Runs off.

There's already that super foul-smelling stuff used for crowd control:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/08/20/latest-in-non-lethals-stink-bomb-for-crowd-control.html

it could also be used for home defense, I suppose.

Hey, that’s an idea: the dual nozzles mix the epoxy resin and hardener, so
> we could make it to where it intentionally mixes the two-part epoxy with
> excess hardener.  You guys who have used the stuff know what epoxy hardener
> smells like (if you don’t, get some.  One whiff you will grok
> immediately.)  Mixed two parts hardener to one part resin, the epoxy sets
> quickly (you could even add an additional catalyst or a foaming agent) and
> also it stays sticky and stinky for a long time and is very hard to wash
> off.  It is neither water-based nor oil based.  A chemical reaction has
> taken place (evidence, the excess heat) so a specific solvent is not
> clear.  No permanent damage befalls the bad guy.

Seems like suffication or eye damage would be potential downsides.

Either way, the bad guy gets scarce forthwith, and it remains obvious for
> some time afterwards that his actions were met with a sincere expression of
> chemical disapproval.

It's interesting, but I wonder what the legal implications are.

-Dave