[ExI] relationships with money, was: RE: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 152, Issue 3

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 4 18:04:22 UTC 2016

On May 4, 2016, at 10:34 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com <mailto:foozler83 at gmail.com> > wrote:

​

>…I dunno, I think the quote is from the Bible - not a typo…

OK so it is more of write-o, since it predates keyboards and Microsloth’s autocorrect.

>…They start to preach on social and moral issues, for instance.  And buy politicians.

Ja, that whole process kicks into high gear now.  We yanks have before us a clear demonstration how any politician can collect arbitrary sums from anyone for any purpose: set up a family “charity,” funnel money through a Canadian “charity” which removes the identity of individual donors and their nationality, then “donates” the funds to the politician’s family “charity” in the states.

This is all kinda sorta gray-area legal-ish once the politician gets high enough ranking, or has already gotten away with enough other stuff to establish immunity.

Ja?