[ExI] relationships with money, was: RE: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 152, Issue 3

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:46:59 UTC 2016

So what do we do there?  Is it analogous to that eccentric old guy down the
street who has several hundred military-grade rifles, assault weapons as
they are sometimes called, and half a million rounds of ammo?  That’s all
legal (in most US states), he hasn’t committed any crime with that
collection or arsenal.  But he damn sure could if he chose to, and we are
wary of that guy, ja?  He has empowered himself.  We know he has enabled
himself to go shoot up the local school or theatre.  Dare we ask what
religion he follows, or is that too un-PC?  Would it matter?
spike

I am not sure what point you are making here.  Certainly for the Southern
third of the country it's highly likely to be Christian and tending toward
skinhead white power KKK in addition to some real paranoids who expect
confiscation to happen any day now.

Given my ignorance of finances I wonder what would happen if the US passed
a law against using non-US banks?  Nowhere to hide money.  I know the feds
got some action from the Swiss on anonymous accounts held by Americans.

I also don't follow the capital fleeing idea, but it doesn't matter.

bill w