[ExI] Donald Trump

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat May 7 22:21:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Bill Hibbard <test at ssec.wisc.edu> wrote:

​> ​
> He
> ​ [Dumb Donald]​
> is one of many symptoms of a global phenomenon of
> social disruption caused by technological change. In
>> particular, lots of people are not needed by the
>> market, or no longer needed at the price they used to
> get

​Yes.​

​There are 7 billion people on the Earth and in 2014 the richest 85 people
had as much money as the poorest 3.5 billion did, ​in 2015 the richest 80
did, in 2016 the richest 62 did. This trend does not promote social
cohesion or stability and if the Libertarian Party wishes to gain power its
going to have to address it. I'm not making a moral judgement just stating
a fact.

​> ​
> Trump is just a symptom

​Dumb Donald​
 is more than that,
​T​
rump is a
​
existential threat
​.​

​> ​
> My bet is that the world will survive the Trump
>> vs Clinton election.

​I agree, we'll probably survive, the betting market only gives Trump a
23.5% chance of winning.​

​ John K Clark​