[ExI] Donald Trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 16:09:44 UTC 2016

Or do we want to limit the amount of the wealth he produced that he can
personally control?  Who would we rather control some resources, someone
who has shown they have the Midas touch turning a given quantity of
resources into the gold of more resources or someone that has shown no such
thing and seems to somehow always consume approximately as much as they
produce?   I would want rationally to see that person expert in increasing
value/wealth to have as much of it to multiply as possible.    And of
course the private space program and the real viable electric car would not
exist without some real wealth in the hands of a few with sufficient vision
and skill.  samantha

I agree with all you said.  But - what I don't like about the super rich is
their avoidance of taxes, buying congressmen to put in loopholes that only
affect the rich (see NYT Business section today about what Obama can do),
hiding money overseas to avoid taxes, and so forth.  Clearly they think
that they are paying too much.  They do pay the majority of taxes and I am
grateful for that, and they do drive the economy with their intelligence
and creativity.  But they often act selfishly and think they deserve to be
treated like kings and queens.  And because they are rich they think they
are right about everything.

I ask everyone on this list this question:  given that you are far smarter
than the average person or even the average college graduate, did you ever
think that you could do a better job of running your town, state, or
country?  Of course you have.  Why?  Because you are great an engineering
or economics or physics?  You see - being among the elite pumps your ego --
it certainly has pumped mine, and I AM one of those who think this way, but
I know that this is dangerous thinking and I am very ignorant of how to run
anything outside of a classroom.

bill w

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com