[ExI] Donald Trump

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:13:01 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Voters seem to prefer a treasonous, incompetent, bitter, arrogant
> establishment felon

​Fact check: ​The word "felon" means something and it doesn't mean what Hillary
Clinton is.

> ​> ​
> to a brash, successful businessman.

​Calling Trump "brash" would be a vast understatement,  as for "​
successful
​"... well,... Hillary Clinton has released her tax returns, you can read
them here:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/p/files/returns/WJC_HRC_2014_Form_1040.pdf

But Donald Trump has refused to release his tax return
​s​
and I think I know why, it would show he is worth far less than the 10
billion he claims he's worth. And even if the 10 billion figure is true
​,​
mediocre would be a better word than successful.
​​ S
ince 1974, the year Dumb Donald inherited his money from
​much smarter ​Fred
 Trump, the S&P 500 has gone up 74 fold
​.​

​If

​Donald had just put that money in a simple S&P index fund in 1974 and then
sat on his hands for 42 years today he'd be worth well over 10 billion.

​And speaking of successful:
Do you think encouraging
Saudi Arabia
​ to obtain nuclear weapons would be a successful foreign policy move?
Do you think defaulting on the national debt would be a
successful ​economic move?
​Do you think building a wall and making Mexico pay for it would be
a successful sane move? ​

​ John K Clark​

 ​