[ExI] (no subject)

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:24:37 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM, CryptAxe <cryptaxe at gmail.com> wrote:

> The exhaled vapor appears white because of vegetable glycerin. I don't
> think it's nearly as dangerous as actual smoke based on my personal
> experience. Actual smoke leaves behind tars, are there any studies showing
> that vapor of any kind produces the same toxic tar byproducts?

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm173146.htm
http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/23/suppl_2/ii11.full
http://www.restek.com/pdfs/ecigvaporposter.pdf

among others.  (The FDA's is, IMO, the weakest of these three - but again,
these three are far from all.)

It is difficult to make blanket statements with high degrees of precision
because of the high variance from any one e-cig to another, even in the
same make and brand (which itself is a problem: they're selling a
garbage-quality product), but what is consistent is bad enough.